View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-11-12, 11:43

Has anyone ever seen one of those home run hitters take a whack at the ball so hard that the ball explodes and the stuffing flies out?

Um

Multi-core:
16" MacBook Pro 8-core i9: 6870
13" MacBook Air 8-core M1: 7433

Single-core:
27" iMac 10-core i9: 1252
13" MacBook Air: 1687

Yes, I know about sustained performance because of fans and blahblahblah. However, this accomplishment is just truly incredible. Those are not small improvements. They are flat-out kick the crap out of the competition-level improvements.

The 13" MacBook Air (for this moment) is now the fastest computer Apple has ever made! In a few minutes it will be either the Mac Mini or the entry-level 13" MacBook Pro.

That is nuts!

Yeah, Apple's not gonna be able to compete! "They can't just walk in here and make a phone."

I have been saying it since the conversation started: Apple is not to be underestimated! Their silicon team is by far the best in the industry, and they are simply outclassing every other attempt on any platform. It will be only a matter of a few years before Apple is making the fastest computers money can buy, short of actual, you know, supercomputers.

And if anyone was caught flat-footed they should be fired, because the writing has been on the iPad wall for at least 5 years.

And if anyone cares, the macBook Air is clocking at 3.2GHz.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-11-12 at 12:05.