Thread: Apple Services
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-27, 18:41

Not really sure what to say here other than...I guess it's a good, interesting period to be gay and working with tigers?

Obviously not looking to leave any mullet on the table, and likely nudged forward by the sordid saga of Joe Exotic and that whole freak show last year, Apple inexplicably signs up a Siegfried & Roy podcast That's right, podcast. Because if anything's ever begged to be seen to be fully appreciated, it might be performing tigers doused in glitter and leaping through flaming hoops.

But noooo.

Apple: "Guys, let's just make it as boring as possible and stick with audio only. Not everything needs visuals."

Uh, yes it the hell does (see previous "glitter tigers jumping through fire" comment), Tim.

It occurs to me that the only two people who'd probably have an ounce of genuine interest in such a thing - Siegfried and Roy themselves - are both now, unfortunately, quite dead.

So it'll be interesting to see how this thing hits.

I know I sometimes don't understand Apple's decisions or reasons for doing this or that.

This possibly takes the cake...and it isn't even on a technical, design or pricing-related matter, which makes it even funnier. Because if someone would've told me 15 years ago - hell, last week - that I'd be getting a chuckle over a story that somehow centered around Apple and Siegfried & Roy, I would've called you insane and laughed you out of the room.