Thread: Apple Services
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-28, 08:59

I have no idea. It's such an odd, niche thing to pursue. The “huh?” of it all is what struck me. Just seems so outside their usual go-to fare/focus.

Were the Lance Burton and Liberace ones already spoken for?

I could imagine a one-off documentary, but an ongoing, audio-only podcast on the subject seems like a real reach. But maybe there’s more to all this than I realize. Maybe they've figured out a way to make such a thing interesting without visuals/images. Impressive, if so.

I still think it’s Apple looking to get in on that you-know-who train/racket.

“Hey, remember those two Vegas dudes, and the one got his neck eaten on stage? There’s something there, guys, I’m telling you! We can tap into a lot of that Tiger King shit...showbiz, behind-the-scenes drama, things going horribly sideways for all involved, goofy people needlessly screwing around with wild animals. It's got it all!"

Yesterday I read that headline 3-4 times before getting to the article.

“Siegfried and Roy? Are there some labor activists, against-the-grain newspaper publishers or 1960's Selma pastors named that too? You mean that Siegfried and Roy, the Vegas tiger guys?!? Did Barry Manilow decline? Did Apple/Tim have a stroke?”

Naturally, I’m gonna have to listen. At least the first 1-2 installments. Just too tempting! Maybe there's some hook/angle that I'm not seeing and it winds up being a really compelling story? Who knows. After all, it was just two short years ago I was convinced The Mandalorian would be a colossal, unwatchable failure, so...WTF do I know?

But, yeah…never in a hundred years would I have called that. Maybe it is the opening show of a planned Las Vegas: Music & Magic in the Desert series and it won't seem so odd/out-of-place once other shows/subjects start to appear?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-04-28 at 10:13.