View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-04-29, 17:38

Those Guys™ are the reason I support Apple's steady march to remove the legacy garbage at every opportunity. Perhaps I support it because I don't want to get caught in that mindset, that the only way to do things is the way I've always done them. I want to be treated to new technology, and it doesn't bother me a bit that I don't put glossy 5" discs into a player any longer. That my phone talks to my computer and can sync with it without connecting anything doesn't bother me. That a decent pair of Bluetooth headphones is only $50, or that an external USB-C SSD is way better than a USB-A mechanical dinosaur. And I'm happy to drop that old crap off at the 2nd-hand store, knowing full well that I paid bank for it in the day.

In ten years, I don't want to be that old bastard who hauls in some 20-year old clunker aching for the "good-ol' days"! I want a panel of glass that sits nicely on my desk that I don't have to plug anything into, because it gets it's power from my own magnetic aura!

Bring on the new iMac and it's 2 ports, and bring on a 16" MacBoob Pro that charges from solar magic and has exactly zero freaking ports!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)