Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-05-18, 05:34

…and here we go! Unboxing video of yellow 24” iMac.

Edit: Direct link, which may or may not work when you click…seems there’s been some back-and-forth from the unboxer making the video private, etc. As of 7am ET (5/18/2021) it’s up.

- Even the packaging (box handle, inside markings, etc.) are color-matched! What an enormous hassle/waste of effort. Apple’s primary goal with this model seems to be “how much of a logistical/manufacturing/packaging flaming pain-in-the-ass and extra, unasked-for effort can we make for ourselves?” I’m guessing they’re succeeding beyond their wildest expectations!

- I’d wondered, since day one, if that new magnetic power cord stays securely connected when tilting the iMac. He seems to show a bit of wobble/movement when doing so, but I don’t know what he’s saying about it (if it’s not enough to matter or if it’s a potential issue). Sure hope it isn’t the latter. I look forward to hearing more about this in other unboxing/review videos. I’d hate for there to be any sort of “disconnectgate” situation brewing. Unlike with a notebook or iPad, the power cord unexpectedly popping/falling out of your iMac, mid-usage, would not be fun. Surely that was tested/addressed early on, but it was interesting to see the slight movement in the video. Maybe it’s designed in such a way to allow for some slight flexing/movement?

- If I ever wound up with one of these, a) yellow is a color I’d never consider, and b) I believe I’d be very tempted to put one of the included(?) white Apple logo stickers dead-center on that chin, just to break up that large area of colored aluminum. I bet a lot of users wind up doing this very thing.

- It looks great (anodized piss yellow aside). So sleek, so thin, nice large display, etc. I wouldn’t mind one of these on my desk at all!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-05-18 at 06:18.