Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-18, 11:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I do indeed miss that. I hope it makes a comeback with the alleged 14" and 16" redesigns that are slated to appear somewhere between WWDC and Thanksgiving of 2024.

Maybe that is also part of the redesign...they realized they acted as their own advertising much better when they glowed from across the room? Everyone immediately knew what they were looking at, and from what company. That had to make an impact.
I mean… yeah.

But are they willing to sacrifice thinness to bring this back? Not sure.

(The iPhones and iPads never had the glowing Apple, but… an iPad is more rarely held upwards than a MacBook is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Prediction (admittedly based on a lot of "ifs"): if a future MacBook Air gets colors like the new iMac, and if the glowing Apple logo is to make a return...the glow will be color-matched to that particular models via a thin colored veneer of plastic that makes the Apple logo glow in soft orange, pink, green, etc. The silver would maintain a white glow as before, but the colored Airs would have a colored glow.