View Single Post
evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2011-01-04, 00:19

Alright, sorry to keep you guys waiting.

This one's a tough one to judge, I think PB PM, GSpotter, and Chinney all have some great entries that not only evoke a strong sense of motion but also bring up other immediate emotional responses.

GSpotter's shot reminds me of winter vacations past when my family would drive to relatives' houses out in the country (usually at night), barreling through the snowy woods not really sure where we're going - which was simultaneously exciting and a little bit terrifying. As in the picture, you have no idea what kind of problems might lie just around the bend.

Chinney's picture immediately makes me think of getting hit in the face with a cold burst of wind accompanied by stinging snow. That poor plant... In my opinion that feeling of bitter cold wind is the strongest feeling I got from any of these pictures, but despite that I think the composition ultimately holds it back from the winning spot, which goes to...

PB PM! Absolutely awesome composition, and at first I thought it was a painting. I'm not entirely sure what those birds are or where they're going, but after all the other pictures I'm led to believe that they're moving away from all that snow and cold, and good for them. Awesome picture!

Winner: PB PM

Runner Up: Chinney