View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-16, 11:18

Oh wow, that is a steal!!!

I strongly recommend those here who aren't nuts about Adobe's subscription pricing (and general bloat), and who tend to work alone/independently (freelance or in a situation where direct collaboration isn't a must-have, daily part of your work) to give these things a good look, especially at these sale prices!

I'm two-plus years into Designer and one-plus into Photos and I've yet to find myself thinking "damn, I really wish I had Illustrator right now because Designer isn't letting me [fill in the blank]...".

*shrug*

Take it for what it is, but I've been very happy.

Do bear in mind that I happen to match the conditions mentioned above, so YMMV. It's not going to be for those neck-deep into a collaborative, Adobe-based workflow, no. But for those, like me, who aren't, you've got something other than Adobe to get your work done if you don't mind spending a bit of time/re-adjusting and a new interface learning curve (very gentle, IMO). Lots of great resources, from Affinity's site and YouTube...tutorial/example videos galore.

I love these apps. And many here know how much I love(d) Adobe Illustrator. If I jumped ship/made the switch after 20+ years (and I'm an idiot with an increasingly foggy brain/memory), then...