View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-22, 06:24

Oh, definitely. That was the primary focus of this thread, and I’ve decided on the 4K based on suggestions and recommendations given here.

For the same price ($228), I can get a 40” 4K or a 43” 1080 (43” 4K is $278 and that’s just way closer to the $300 side of things than the ~$200 I was wanting to stick around). And with the space/placement factors discussed upthread, it was pretty much always going to be a 40”.

In fact, I was at the store yesterday, where four boxed 40” 1080 models for $196 were sitting right there. I could’ve easily picked one up and had it up and going for last night’s Jeopardy, The Chase, etc. but I just felt that was “settling” and maybe going a bit “bare bones” and I simply wasn’t feeling it in my gut. Even though it was a step up from what I’ve got, I thought going with the 4K might be the better choice for “down the road, 2-5 years from now” reasons.

There were other 40” 4K models present (HiSense, TC), but I wasn’t familiar with those brands and neither blatantly showed or made clear (via packaging or their on-screen, looped demos) that Disney+ was one of the built-in services. Which, when it comes down to it, is 90% of the reason I’m even getting this thing

This is primarily gonna be my Andor/Boba Fett/Kenobi/Ahsoka Tano/Mandalorian/Rangers of the New Republic watching machine, once all those things start to arrive, beginning later this year. The packaging, online spec listing and Mom’s two models all make it clear that Disney+ is already onboard and part of this brand/model.

I’m happy with the picture quality on hers, the online reviews are excellent/positive and, silly as it sounds, I’m already familiar with the remote and navigation/workings of Vizio because of the time I’ve spent using hers these past 1-2 years It’ll all be instantly familiar.