View Single Post
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-01-27, 23:50

Yup, this is basically a "Fuck that guy" raid. Rumor is (and I cannot verify, so grain of salt, etc, etc) it started when Hedge Fund Manager A (HFMA) gave an interview stating that stock trading should be limited to professionals only, and that the average person was essentially too stupid to be trusted to do it.

Cue the "oh fuck *you*" brigade, who look up his holdings, find $GME as a massively shorted stock, and go hammer on it to drive the price up. This over-extended him to the point that in very short order he owed more on the gap than the entire assets of his fund: bankrupt.

Two buddies at other funds step in to front him over 2.5B$ to get him through the doldrums, and guess whose short position stocks get targeted next? They're quickly making this guy and his buddies radioactive.

If true, this is a public hit job, and I am loving it.

It's not a traditional pump and dump scheme, there's no insider trading at work, no back room collusion, it was done on public boards in plain sight with publicly available information only.

I suspect, of course, that the SEC will step in and put a halt to it, wiggling their fingers and making up new rules to prohibit this type of behavior from Da Unwashed Masses while ensuring that the same behavior can continue among the 'professionals'.