Thread: iPhone 14
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-09-10, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Seems like Apple is only using the chips in iPhones sold into China, which makes sense since the Chinese already spy on themselves. So it really doesn't matter. Besides, the Chinese have already reverse engineered the iPhone a thousand times, so Apple has no technology to hide from them. It's really just a concern if the memory is installed in iPhones and/or used on networks outside of china. Affected iPhones will eventually be used on networks outside China, but I very seriously doubt if Apple is going to intentionally run afoul of U.S. sanctions otherwise.
I think part of the concern is the large amount of lower cost imported phones that come into North America. You see tons of them on eBay and other places people buy “cheap” flagship phones from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Big deal, Village People have been using YMTC for decades.
Keep in mind these are the US rules. I don’t know what brands you are referring to with “Village People”, but I can only assume that would be Android phone makers. My understanding would be that the U.S. Senate would go after them as well, you just don’t hear about it, since most of them aren’t operating out of the US like Apple is.