View Single Post
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2018-06-06, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Nice one there Escher. Not sure I would leave it not being screwed together though. Maybe I just lean on mine more than you do.
Absolutely! I just put off screwing the legs into the desktop because (a) I'm a lazy SOB and (b) I didn't have my drill and impact driver handy.

The telescoping legs already wobble less than the old IKEA legs, even without being attached. So I have high hopes for a rock solid desk once I can pre-drill and screw them in place. Can't wait to toss out those crappy IKEA legs!

Quote:
I don't have the link for the mat. I bought it from Amazon and it's a random knockoff that was super cheap at the time when I got it. It isn't that great but helps at least. I have been wearing flip-flops more than anything lately when I want to be barefoot. Still use that mat, but can't really recommend it.
Gotcha. Was the mat you got a flat one, like they sell for kitchens/cooks? Or was it one of the contoured ones that are designed to change your foot position and angle specifically while at a standing desk? Either way, I suspect finding the right mat may take some trial and error.

Quote:
I'm actually still looking for some goof footwear to make long hours of standing better.
I just got a new pair of Keen slides, which help provide support. I also have a pair of cushioned Timberland Pro anti-fatigue clogs. Although I use those more for garden work and taking out the trash, they were cheap and I are good for extended standing.

Quote:
The most annoying thing I've encountered so far is that my Apple Watch doesn't give me standing credit when standing at my desk for hours unless I swing my arm around.
LOL! You're right. I started wearing my Apple Watch again, and it's completely oblivious to my standing desk effort. Maybe we just need to wear our Apple Watch around our ankles instead.

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.