View Single Post
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2008-08-02, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Banana, when I say 'non-stick', I don't mean with a coating like you're probably thinking. There are Calphalon (and other anodized aluminum lines) with Teflon coatings. They're rubbish. The anodized Al just sticks less than stainless steel. You still have to scrub it sometimes, but not *everything* sticks to it. We've had our pots for 7 years now, and we have one (the one we use daily) that is just now starting to look like it has gotten some wear and tear. I'm going to hit it with some enzyme cleaner and see if it's simply a microthin buildup, or if the coating is thinning. If the latter, we can send it in for re-coating.
Hey! Now that explains it! I think that crap set I mentioned probably had Teflon coating, and I could have been confused thinking that anodized aluminum basically made Teflon non-peeling, but it did anyway and I was totally disappointed because I thought anodized aluminum was what I was after (e.g. nonstick cookware that isn't coated at all)

Yes, I was thinking about Lodge ones; though I wasn't aware that one had to "season" cast iron? What's there to be seasoned? Wiki just told me why. Apparently, this is another benefit of inheriting the pan from my mom; she did all seasoning for me.

Should look into this further...

Last edited by Banana : 2008-08-02 at 14:04.