View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2010-08-13, 16:38

I'm looking at that "L" iMac a bit closer, and I'm kinda liking it. Granted, it's mocked up with just a 17"-ish type of screen, so I don't know how the 21.5" and 27" looks would work, but it might be fun to use them for a jump-off point and play around. Anyone know the distance from the desk surface to the bottom of the 21.5" and/or 27" displays? Not the black bezel or glass, but the actual "see OS X" display?

With all that Unibody carving going on, a shape like this isn't out of the question, I suppose? The one thing my mockup doesn't show (but it's there ) is that the thing sits on a slightly raised pedestal (kinda how the new Mac mini does), with some sort of ball-and-socket connection that allows the thing to swivel and to tilt up and down a few degrees as well.

Also, the "guts" (most of them anyway, except for maybe things like the AirPort antenna and small things, are down in that lower, flat base. So there would be more weight down there, keeping the thing nicely anchored and not top-heavy. And, naturally, I think I'd move the ports around to the back so a bunch of spaghetti isn't pooch out of the side.