View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-05-05, 18:18

I just forced myself to watch the remainder of it. Such horrible acting...

I dug the effects and all quite a bit (very good), but oh lordy did the acting suck!

I felt like I was watching one of those cheesy sci-fi shows on the WB or something ("Mutant X" or that show where the guy that used to play Hercules is now in outer space on some boneheaded show). Very few things leave a bad taste like badly-acted science fiction (because all the other stuff going on is so outlandish, tough to grasp and otherwordly, the acting/story HAS to serve as some sort of grounding or anchor...and when THAT goes out the window, you wind up with...well, stuff like this).

That's why "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" were so weak...Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor and the guy playing the Chancellor/Emperor are the only ones who seemed to have a clue about how to go about their job, this thing called "acting"...and even they sometimes looked embarrassed to be there! And even they kept getting upstaged by dumbass CGI characters, a bowlheaded brat reading cue cards and a wooden babe.

You can have bad acting in a western or drama, and it's merely "bad for bad's sake". In something like this, it makes it downright uncomfortable to watch.

I didn't know Jake Lloyd started an acting school!