Thread: Airpods Pro
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-08-29, 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I went to the support section at Apple's site to learn and couldn't really find a solid answer if they're replaceable. They just talk about how to set-up, charge, clean them. Makes me think once they give out you're looking to buy another pair.

In all seriousness, then...what is the "give out" time frame? If you buy a set of AirPods (or AirPod Pro) tomorrow, what's the safe, average timeframe you'd be expected to own them? Two years? Seven? Forever? Those of you who bought those first ones from 2017...they still going strong, 3-4 years later?

As for the "losing" thing, I actually wonder about that as well. In nearly two decades of iPod and iPhone-owning/using, I've never come close to losing any of the included earbuds (that cord makes it tough to forget). But those two tiny little AirPods...how those don't get lost constantly is a miracle. That would be my biggest concern (after the pricing).
I've owned a number of sets of non-Apple wireless headphones, haven't lost any of them yet. Whenever I'm not using them they go right back into the charge case, no chance to forget them. The broken ones are sitting in the charge cases with the ones that still work.

Apple support is very strange with the Airpods, I couldn't even find a listed price for Applecare+ on the support site. [Edit] Found it, but I had to add a new set of Airpods to my 'bag' (shopping cart) to find out.

If they have a good set of battery cells they should be good for around 1000 charge cycles. Given that on average Lithium batteries loose around 5% capacity per year (without use), that should give you some time frame. Applecare+ for them guarantees that battery still have 80% capacity for up to two years or they replace them.