Thread: Apple Watch Pro
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-07-11, 12:21

$$$

I mean, really, marketing. Sadly if this is true it will continue to dilute the "Pro" moniker to where we all know it means more features for more money without being truly professional level.

Think of the 13" MBP. A Watch Pro will be right there in line with that from what I'm reading. It would also make the upgrade cycle on the higher end Watches double.

While I was working out I was thinking about my Watch and if I even really need it. I use mine for everything it is designed for, other than calls and those are only super rare situations where my phone just isn't near me. While I could easily go without using an Apple Watch and go back to a "traditional timepiece" I do use the functions for personal information factors. I do believe the Watch was instrumental in me going from ~200# to the ~155# I now hover around. Now that I have a routine and consistency I think I could get away without the Watch, but I might not notice certain (bad) habits creeping in.

So does the ability to track hiking and swimming matter to me? Nope. I can see some who might benefit from that, but not me. Longer battery life though, that is always a major thing. I have to charge my Watch every day. If you are charging it then you aren't using it. I had an old one I used to swap back and forth with but now I don't do that. I just go with one Watch and charge it while I'm sitting at my desk exerting little energy anyway.

I will say, I love the thought of bigger and better, but I think Pro might be a bad suffix for this new Watch.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.