View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-12-24, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoley2 View Post
+1 Long overdue. In fact, if it not a tablet, I suspect the market will look dimly on the stock price.
This is what I hate about all this stuff. Apple has never copped to working on a tablet. Not once. They owe nothing on that front. It's just been rumors, speculation, piecing things together, etc. on the part of everyone except Apple.

So I hate that if they never came out with something that they never said they were working on, their stock - and "reputation" - somehow takes a hit in the eyes of Wall Street, the press, tech pundits, fanboys and users.

Doesn't seem quite fair.

Unlike a few other tech companies *ahem* who crow about "something we're working on" (going so far as to "unveil" it a year or two out) and never actually do anything with it, or bring it to market, Apple is consistently silent and non-commital in their approach. If they don't come out with a tablet (or anything else we'd like them to: netbook, camera, GPS module, new iPod socks, etc.), that's totally their decision. We were never promised anything by them, yet when they "fail to deliver" everyone loses their minds and they take an undeserved hit.

Hell, they might've never planned on making a tablet, but now they kinda have to because they know the grief and hit they'll be in for if they don't.

"Guys, we need to hold off on those towers and new pro notebooks. I know they were slated for early 2010, but people won't STFU about this tablet, so I've got Jonny roughing up some prototypes and we're gonna try to get something out the door by January or February because that's what we're supposed to be working on, according to the entire universe. Assholes."