View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-11-20, 22:06

All this talk of Wine made me want to try it out again. Last I played with Wine was at least a couple of years ago...

So, if you want to go the DIY route, I suggest you try Wineskin. This tool lets you build your own Mac "Foo.app" executables from Windows apps. It's pretty easy, too. I just tried it on a freeware top-down shooter, and it worked like a charm. The music stutters occasionally, but otherwise the game is fast and smooth (it even properly trigger fullscreen mode). I also tried it on the No$GBA emulator. It also seems to be working great, except for some minor audio crackling, but all GBA emulators I've played (even natively) seem to have that problem.

...I swear this game was made for me...

Next up, I'm going to try GTA2 since that's a free download...

Also related: http://appdb.winehq.org/
Quote:
This is the Wine Application Database (AppDB). Here you can get information on application compatibility with Wine.

There are 19266 applications currently in the database, with Final Fantasy XI Online Final Fantasy XI being the top voted application.

Top-10 Platinum List: Applications which install and run flawlessly on an out-of-the-box Wine installation
World of Warcraft 4.3.x
StarCraft I Retail CD/DVD
Guild Wars All Versions
StarCraft II Retail
Team Fortress 2 Steam
Left 4 Dead Full (Steam)
Watchtower Library 2011
Counter-Strike: Source Retail / Steam
The Sims 3 All
Warcraft III The Frozen Throne: 1.x

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.