View Single Post
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2008-12-31, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
The difference between US/Canada and "foreign" Coke is generally the use of real can sugar vs. high fructose corn syrup. Another reason why the US corn subsidies suck....our coke tastes worse.
I thought the big change to "New Coke" was when they switched from cane sugar to HFCS in the US?

I am happy to see a backlash brewing against HFCS. I used to need to buy organic bread in order to get away from HFCS, but in the last couple of months, Arnold Bread has removed HFCS from their bread products. Heck, even Pizza Slut has started offering HFCS free tomato paste on their "All Natural" pizza (which is only Pepperoni at the moment it seems). Not that I eat Pizza Slut pizza at all, but the idea of shunning HFCS seems to be getting some mainstream attraction.

I still can't believe how much stuff in the US contains HFCS. Heck I have to buy imported from Greece roasted red peppers in order to get any without HFCS. Have to buy organic ketchup, pickles and relish to escape it in those products as well.