View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2009-10-20, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydanator View Post
I'm feeling a little down, but at least I've got a story...

The other day, I was longboarding past the SUB at our college. We have beautiful full-length windows spanning the length of the building, with computers along the entire wall. There's usually plenty of people watching as they type on an essay or check Applenova. I started to pick up speed, with my Timbuk2 bag casually draped across my back, traveling faster and faster along the concrete. Suddenly, it all came to a halt. I'm not sure if it was wheel-bite or a bad carve, but I felt myself tumbling onto concrete as my bag collided with many things, including my head. I guess the silver-lining was that my runaway board caught the attention of a beautiful girl, who seemed slightly sympathetic to my dilemma. In addition, a friend asked me if I had crashed recently. Apparently word got around about "the funniest looking crash from this dude." Definitely not worth the cost though...

Today, I pulled out my 13" Aluminum MBP and noticed a whiteish hue on the left side next to the ports. My fall must have crushed/hit the side since the ethernet port looks a little bent, along with the bottom screen corner. Minor cosmetic but it feels weird that my MacBook is damaged...I might be able to bend it back but don't feel like taking the chance right now.

Anyway, just wondering how many other unfortunates have managed to dent up their 'books a bit? Should I feel like a horrible Mac user? I guess you have to make it yours somehow... so that's my story. Thanks for the input!
<slashdot>You.. you talked to a, um, g-girl? What was it like?</slashdot>