Thread: 2020 Apple
View Single Post
Frank777
Veteran Member

2020-02-04, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Neither of those limitations are what prevents me from buying an iMac Pro. I doubt they are for most potential buyers. It’s entirely about price
Well yeah, what stops me from buying the new Mac Pro and Pro Display XDR is also the price tag. Same goes for a private jet.

You're either in the machine's target market or you're not. An iMac Pro costs $6299. in Canada. If that came with a screen that rotates and I knew I could fully utilize the system's RAM capabilities eventually, I would lease it for my small business.

I believe there are a lot of us in the 'traditional Pro' market who run Adobe CC and Final Cut and a bunch of other software that could use a bump from a regular iMac to a beefier model. It is hard for me to envision a scenario buying an iMac Pro for anything but business/scientific use. The classic iMac is such a great machine for consumers and education.

But I think if you use it to generate income, the iMac Pro, with a few tweaks and maybe a small price decrease, could be a really 'business-friendly' Mac.
At least for smaller-scale 'media creation' businesses, not to run spreadsheets.