View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-30, 18:49

This link should give you access to the client. There are a few different versions. One is a screensaver, which is the normal client. The second link there is a background process only. It runs all of the time, at the lowest priority. It won't use CPU cycles that other programs need, but will use all of the unused cycles.

The Increase.app program there will automatically enter team 1971 as your default folding preference. (since a team member wrote the app. and all)

Otherwise, just enter the team number of team AppleNova and away you go. Either way will work just fine, although I will say that Team MacOSX is in one of the top spots, and shooting for a top 10 overall place.

Although all competition (in fun) aside, it doesn't really matter who you fold for. Folding at all is what helps. The teams and stats are just to pique interest and keep people going, as folding isn't actually all that exciting. Your CPU just sits there and folds proteins in the background. However, unlike SETI, you're doing real work, right now, that will probably have real world results.

One note though, it's probably not a good idea to run it on a laptop at 100%, as it can cause heat problems. Just something to keep in mind.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me