Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-09-17, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
People that complain about long bed length you can tell don’t actually use their trucks for work 😉
How is it that people who talk about bed length don’t use it for work? Depends on what kind of work you do, and what you put in the bed, so yea the length very much can matter. For most “truck people” ‘work’ is throwing a cooler in the back for a drinking binge party in the woods, or tying a fishing kayak on the back, so yes I get the comment. Now for my application an 8ft bed would be over kill, but 5ft, would be nicer than than 4.5ft, just because my longest tools don’t fit under the bed cover (security reasons and all that jazz). If Honda made a Ridgeline Hybrid, I would have considered that, perfect size.

I do admit the small size does keep the Maverick easier to maneuver than any of those half tons. Parking, due to the turning radius is a little harder than a car or RAV/CR-V sized SUV though. I often go through a lot and look for a space with two open stalls, so I have more room. Maybe I’m just nervous for no reason.

Your “Denali” is still just a Silverado, so yeah, call it what it is. It’s just a tack on marketing name like “Raptor” and “Tremor”. But hey, why not pay $90k for a $35k truck. Just poking the bear, not serious if you cannot tell. Hope you like the truck when it comes. The wait can be painful, so I hope it’s problem free.

Last edited by PB PM : 2022-09-17 at 08:19.