View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-09-22, 14:09

I agree with you on this one. Keeping this thread on small scale side of things I did learn a lot from Will you mentioned above and managed to join the DYI solar forums. They haven't been very inviting to me and I'm reading way more than posting there for that matter.

However, I've learned a ton about building a small scale solar setup. When I finally put a gazebo thing on my property I'll certainly be doing a solar setup for it. 12VDC for fans and such with an inverter for the few times I'll want to power something with 120AC.

The big thing I learned is about the importance of the battery. Yeah you can power things with solar directly, but the battery is where the stability comes from. So for something like your camper and my gazebo I would really be critical for the battery to be where the loads all pull from.

Knowing that, for a house, even more so in my book. Even if only a small battery. You really need something for stability.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.