View Single Post
Voxapps

Send a message via AIM to Voxapps  
2005-06-10, 13:29

OK, this isn't creative in the graphic arts sense (I don't even pretend to have graphic arts or musical talent), but I won this competition by submitting a 20-page entry consisting of a white paper, graphics, and screen shots created on my iMac G5. I used Photoshop to stitch together shots of screens that extended vertically several screen-lengths. The 20-inch iMac display allowed me to use my word processor while viewing the relevant Web page side-by-side. (I did this as a consultant for one of the companies in the Open division - the one that is a sponsor of Danica Patrick's racing car.)

But the creative effort I'm most proud of was a mother's day iMovie slide show I put together for my wife: 6 minutes of scanned photos (pre-digital camera) of our kids set to Eva Cassidy's "What a Wonderful World." All done on a Bondi iMac 233 with a whopping 6 megs of video RAM. Painfully slow to create and render, but the little iMac worked without a hiccup. (You folks who are worried about your new Macs becoming "obsolete" in the next two years should be ashamed!)

You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.