View Single Post
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2011-03-09, 22:41

UNC should be a 3 seed unless we win the ACC tourney, giving us a 2, I think. The Heels are playing as solidly as I've seen in a long while and they are fundamentally sound. Except for their abysmal free throw shooting (I think it's like 65% as a team), they are a very solid team. I don't think it would be a stretch at all to have them in the Elite Eight. Final Four if they get a lucky break and the higher seed teams fall early.

Marshall is no Felton or Lawson but he's tall and is always playing with his head up. He's a good floor leader - and he's only a freshman.

Barnes has become a very consistent scorer and he does it quietly without flash. The last few games I've seen he's gotten close to 20 points without my even realizing it.

Zeller and Hensen are good on the inside. Very tall and they both run the floor well. Hensen needs to put on some weight so he will probably get pushed around a bit.

Strickland and others: good role players overall. I don't think we've got a weak link in the bunch. Sure, we lost a few players over the past 10 months (4 total giving us 9 scholarship players), but we're definitely a much more cohesive group now than before.

It's been fun to watch this season progress and grow. 2010 and the beginning of this season were frustrating to be a tarheel fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing this tourney. Roy needs to win a championship in 2013 and this bunch, if they stay together, will be definite contenders for that.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.