View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-07-19, 23:41

Lightning storm blew through tonight and hit SUPER close to the house DURING the Avengers kicking Ultron's ass. I got the ladder and went up to sniff in the attic. In the dining room there was the smell of burned electronics, but I couldn't source it immediately.

Soon it became apparent that our cable gateway was not acquiring a broadband connection, so I spent nearly an hour with India confirming that a technician needed to come out to check out the line.

After that it became apparent that no power was coming from the outlet in the dining room, so I nipped down to the junction box to flip the breaker.

With the power back on, I fished out my handy dandy digital antenna and hooked it up to the television. Then I reached for the remote.

Nothing.

I tried different outlets, but no dice.

Unless there's a fuse I don't know about, this little 720p Sony doodlebox is DEAD.

So now I'm ready for a new SMALL television to replace it. Going to go shopping now, but am curious to know if anyone here is steeped in current televion lore.

I have an inexpensive Vizio in another room. It's pretty decent, and they update the built-in apps frequently, but I don't really love the interface.

I suspect it will be more expensive and less feature packed than Samsungs and such, but I'm tempted to get another Sony.

Let's see what happens...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter