View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-11-21, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
So there may be a Tiger-only version of iTunes that's designed to take advantage of the core audio functionality?
Maybe, but not necessarily. While there will certainly be updates to Core Audio in Tiger, it is by far nothing new. Core Audio has been a part of the system since its 10.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
What would CodeAudio as opposed to QuickTime offer the user?
Oh man, what Kickaha said and then so much more. Core Audio support in iTunes would be a godsend with. For starters, there are oodles of Audio Units and VST plugins it could use "for free." Just fire up a copy of Garageband. Get info on a track, expand the details, and look at the popup menus by effects. See those? You could have all those options and more "for free" in iTunes. If you don't have GB, go download Amadeus II. Open it and under the Effects menu, check out Audio Units and VST Plugins. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

I for one would be ecstatic to see Core Audio properly implemented in QuickTime 7 and iTunes 5. I know that anyone in the prosumer/professional audio category would too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes
And a redesigned interface with a dedicated full-height pane to better show album art + album info (esp. with the increasing numbers of letterbox-sized screens) would be great -- though I'm not counting on Apple to mess with success in this dept.
It may not be perfect, but you know resizing the sidebar makes album art larger, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
Maybe some interface enhancements? Color scheme changes, things of that nature. All aesthetic updates?
Has Apple ever released a major product update just for aesthetic improvements?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.