View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-25, 13:04

The funny/interesting thing is, I read this story yesterday at three different sites/outlets (including one very mainstream, waiting room/airport terminal king of cable news) and none of them mentioned the actual phone/model involved. I kept thinking "do they not know, or do they just not think it's relevant or of interest to readers?"

Maybe it isn't important, but...maybe it is. Folks might like to know if that thing in their pocket or purse is prone to igniting.

I would.

But I immediately knew it wasn't an iPhone because no outlet in existence will pass up the opportunity to pile on the top dog, and loudly tell the emperor his wang is hanging out. So them not providing a description actually...provided a description. I assumed it was something Android-based...and, going past events, some sort of Samsung model.

Because if it was any model of iPhone, that little tidbit would've been included in the headline, subhead, opening paragraph, pull-quote, photo caption, infographic, accompanying video report and closing paragraph.

APPLE'S FAULTY IPHONE NEARLY BRINGS DOWN AN AIRLINER FULL OF NUNS, BABY GIRAFFES, AFHGAN REFUGEES AND BUNNY RABBITS