View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-27, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I think we should build the rail station in the area between the Money Bin, Brad's Mansion and Castle Bryson - basically underneath the skyway and in the last remaining bit of forest in Bridgeport. I know we would need to boost to get up to the skyway, but I think that would be fun - kind of like a rollercoaster.
That's what I was thinking, but IIRC Brad said he had plans for that area. I do agree we should build it on the ground.

Wholistic approaches are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I'm hoping it won't be a monstrous structure or anything. Figure we need 6-8 lines east and west tops, so if that's a 1 block wide track with and extra block on the side for power, the track width would be 12-18 blocks wide. Not huge, but if it looks like it may be an eyesore we could build it 2-storys and serve 3-4 tracks E/W per floor. Or something.
I think a station on the ground would allow us to make a more elegant structure that actually felt like an interesting part of Bridgeport in its own right, like the airport, rather than a purely utilitarian hub. (I was interested in building a train station before I even knew Minecraft had trains.) We'd also have more room for any potential expansion, and there's also the possibility that some people might want to build tracks on or under the ground, crazy as it is.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong