Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2015-04-16, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
The Milanese loop also has me intrigued as it looks beautiful. I just wonder if it can keep properly closed if the watch is accidentally pulled or get caught on something?

Also, du you guys think the current band interface will remain the same over the next few iterations of the watch? It would be smart if would remain the same like the 30-pin connector for some time, so that you don't also have to replace your favourite band just because you upgraded the watch itself.
Well, Apple would have to start selling the watch without a band next year for that to really make the most sense. I don't see that happening, so I don't see Apple caring too much if they change the band interface unfortunately.

Quote:
Celebs and valley types I can definitely see wearing Apple Watch Editions. Traditional watch geeks and the disgustingly rich are going to stick to the cachet of Holy Trinity Swiss movements.

Going SS came down to flexibility. The Apple Watch Sport only comes with an elastomer wristband and the frosted case clashes with the lugs on a Milanese loop, link bracelet, etc. Supposedly the Milanese loop is the second most ordered wristband, only trailing the black sport band. There's quite a few making the jump to SS.

I waffled a bit between 38mm and 42mm. Ultimately they both looked big, and the 42mm should offer better battery life.

Any bets on ASP for Apple Watch + accessories by the end of the quarter? I'll guess around $520.
Apple artificially restricted the Sport options to be professionally (business) appealing. i.e.: no silver with a black band, and the space gray doesn't look good with the silver bands. Stuff like that is just annoying and makes me think Apple is really manipulating these sales too much.

it occurred to me after the release of the internal memo today that Apple may never sell all of the models in store. In fact, I'm starting to think they did it this way, not only due to restricted supply but so that they could accurately gauge the most popular models and only stock those come June.