View Single Post
murbot
Hoonigan

2006-06-13, 23:54

Well boys, I survived Day 1. Of course I forgot my camera at work, so I can't post any pics yet. It is a thing of beauty, though.

I can't get over the freaking power this thing has, and that's with 1/3 to 1/2 throttle, and keeping it under 7000 RPMs until the engine is broken in.

On my way home from the dealer I turned left at a 3 way stop, then climbed a small hill that's not too long at all... thought I'd wind it up a little. Into second, lazily up to 6000 RPM, into third, on the gas a little, glance down and I'm doing 130 km/h (in a 50 zone). I thought I was going about 80. Jesus.

The hardest thing about this is going to be keeping it to the speed limit. Hell, it's tough to keep it to 10 over the limit. It laughs at me when I try to ride it 60 km/h. The power difference between this GSX-R750 and my brand new '99 Katana 750 is unbelievable. I knew from specs it would be, but experiencing it is another thing all together.

I'm actually a little scared of the fucking thing, but that's probably going to keep me alive. I think it's good to have a little fear of these bastards. Though I'm sure I'll be fine once the rust of a 5 year bike absence wears off, hopefully right around the time I'm done breaking it in. heh heh

God DAMN I love this bike.