View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-09, 11:51

Yeah, the "Baby Yoda" thing has thrown off several people. I don't even watch the show and I've had to explain/clarify to a few who do because they were confused in the same way, re: the timeline/show's setting, why "Yoda" is now a baby, etc. Do they call him The Child in the show? Did I read that somewhere? The Internet needs to come up with a better name, even if the show doesn't. Would save a lot of confusion.

I've been using "Baby Force Frog" (BFF) or NoReYo (Not Really Yoda) in some of my real-life discussions.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Regarding the return of a certain bounty hunter, I'm actually on board with/expect this. I think that's going to be a big reveal at some point, I truly do. Not sure how I feel about it, big picture, but, then again, I've never really fully understood/grasped his popularity/legend anyway, other than simply "looking cool" in a handful of scenes. If Disney/Lucasfilm want to resurrect the character to flesh him out a bit more and give him screen time to justify (or maintain) his popularity, that could be something interesting. It would instantly overshadow the Mandalorian character on this show, so I don't know how smart that would be on that front. If it's just a 1-2 episode "one and done" type of thing, maybe that can work. But if he's back for real, and back on the job, then I would think more people would rather watch a show about him than this other guy in a similar outfit. Being Disney, they'll probably bring him back just to kill him. That seems to be their go-to approach so far, so that's not out of the question. He survived that pit, but then gets permanently offed on a streaming TV show, 36 years later. Sounds about right...

For anyone insisting that he's still being digested in that pit, and that he's "dead", then I only need to refer you to both Darth Maul and Palpatine...two characters we saw "killed" and falling into really deep holes. Hell, Maul was even cut in two (almost always fatal). But now he's back, popping up on some TV shows with robot legs, but, even more importantly, in the Disney canon/timeline via his appearance at the end of Solo. And while he wasn't cut in half, we all saw Palpatine fall down that shaft and "explode"/vaporize...yet, here he is again (in some form, maybe not full-on "alive" as we're assuming) in The Rise of Skywalker. So if those two characters survived what looked to be a pretty sealed fate/doom, then I would assume a backpack-wearing, weapon-possessing hard-case can fight/fly(?) his way out of some hole in the sand.

They're asking a lot more of us to buy the return of Maul and Palpatine than that of this other character, right? He wasn't cut in half or vaporized, and the fall likely wasn't hundreds/thousands of feet either. Plus, he still had all his gear/weapons when he went in. I doubt he intended to go quietly, and I'm sure he proceeded to kill the shit out of whatever he encountered down there. If you're that much of a "galactic bad-ass", then that's what you'd do.

He survived in original (Legends?) canon, so even though Disney is systematically lifting its leg over so much of that, they can pick and choose the things they want to use for their new, established canon...and I'm thinking Ol' Scratch 'n' Dent is probably one of those things they've opted to bring over. It's Disney...if they believe they can print money via bringing back a fan favorite, they're gonna.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-12-09 at 12:16.