View Single Post
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2020-03-22, 18:47

I fell into the mother of all communication blackholes for six days and only just managed to claw my way back out last night.

Fixed wireless went kaput last Tuesday morning.

Mobile internet at home was sketchy in pre-covid times. It ground along for about a day then popped its clogs just as I was going to look at your link on the previous page, Mac+. So a belated hi! Yeah, Scovid is a dead man walking......he just doesn't know it yet.

Pre-covid times, my phone reception was such that I had to stand in a specific 2 foot square area of my bedroom to talk and it was still unreliable. Nothing like waiting in a phone queue for half an hour, finally get through to a human only to have the connection promptly drop out. But initially voice calls were still technically possible.

Then I ran out of phone credit.

And that was just in the first day or so of me being stuck in the Great Tasmanian Covid19 Communication Blackhole of 2020.

I could go on but suffice to say the solution to escaping the blackhole involved a goddamn frickin' phone voucher! Yes they still exist. I'd forgotten about them until I was lying awake in bed Friday night plotting my next escape attempt. Next day, lady at the post office looked at me like I'd asked her if I could buy a carrier pigeon when I sought to purchase said voucher.

But I'm out now. It's been very, very, verrrrrry exhausting. So today, I'm gonna do some housework, catch up on the bills I haven't been able to pay and attend to the veggie garden.

Tomorrow, me and the dogs are going fishin'.

As for everything else, what ken said above.

PS turtle Google how to get gloves on and off correctly.