View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-19, 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Thankfully I'm not truly suffering, just uncomfortable.
That's the thing. We're not starving to death, even though it feels like it sometimes. I can run to the fridge whenever it gets too crazy.

In the end we are building willpower and stamina that are much needed. Just this morning I woke up at 6, looked at the clock, and decided to just go back to bed. But then I sat up and said, "No, I'm doing this!" And then went down to the Y* , walked the treadmill for 20 minutes, rode the bike for 20 minutes, hit the stairmaster for 5, then used the bench press machine, and had myself a leg day.

It's the first time in the past year that I've overcome that urge to go back to bed. And I'm better for it.

* My wife and I decided to join. It gives me access to more wights, the best machines on the planet, a pool coming in June, and a warm climate for walking and riding and such. I was considering getting a Bowflex home gym, and opted for the Y instead. Plus, it's five minutes away, so I'm not losing very much time.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)