View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-23, 18:57

Weighed in yesterday at 169, so I lost the pound and a half that last week's error introduced.

My wife and I got a Y membership last week and I've used it every day since. M/W/F I'm lifting weights and discovering lots of new muscles, especially with the bench press machine and the crunch machine. Yuck! T/TH I'm walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 4mph with a slight incline, then getting on the stationary bike on level 8 and 100rpm for 20 minutes, then it's leg day and back day and the new muscles that the lat pulldown machine is discovering. Also yuck!

Today is date night, and I've decided to stop "taking the day off" from my workout. The day off was because I fast from Monday evening through Tuesday evening so I can enjoy a nice meal and beer with my wife on Tuesday night while not losing any progress. It's tough, but I fast often so I can take it.

BUT! Today I did my T/TH routine and am down 450 calories from the workout. And boy am I feeling it. It's coming up on 5pm as I type this, and it's still 2 hours until there is any food in my belly (but only an hour and a half before the beer gets there ). The best part? Thursday this week is my monthly man-date with my best buds and I get to do it again. Twice in one week. Yay Me!

But, after last week's oops I'm even more set on getting to my goal. And don't worry. Tonight's salmon fish & chips with beer and desert will yield at least 1500 calories and Thursday's burger and beer will get me that or more. So I'm not starving.

But, damn, I'm hungry!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)