View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-03-23, 12:12

I'm bulking right now, but it is amazing how fast the weight goes back on. Next week I go back to cutting, but I'm planning on a higher protein diet so I don't burn off muscle. I'm still learning, but I'm up all the way across the board as far as weight-lifting is concerned.

I've never been strong on the bench, and started out at a whopping, mind-blowing, earth-shattering 60 pounds! This week I'm benching 115 (my end-goal is 200). I started biceps curls at 40 pounds, and am now hitting 80. Lat pull-downs I started at 80 and am up to 120 (my goal is to switch to actual pull-ups, but need to hit 160 or more on the pull-downs first). I've been charting and constantly raising the weights. I'm following weight-lifting rule #1: Progressive Overload, and it's working, although I'm not seeing much growth. But, I'm also 51, so I'm trying to keep my expectations grounded. I ain't got those 20-year-old hormones any longer, so I have to work twice as hard for half the gain.

So be it. I've been able to eat for most of a month, but next week I get to starve for another two!

Ugh!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)