View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-07-30, 17:35

Our little Force frog baby is growing up.

I assume this is sanctioned/legit artwork (that article is a bit of a train wreck, frankly).

But, if so, it's pretty cool.

Not sure if this means we'll also be following Grogu's life/training in the upcoming third season of The Mandalorian (and, if so, I assume that'll be more Luke; maybe that's why Lucasfilm hired that deep-fake YouTuber, knowing Luke may be a bit of a presence in the upcoming season and they wanted to do a better job than they did in that final episode of season 2).

In any case, cool artwork. And a yellow lightsaber for the little guy?

I honestly assumed we'd seen the last of Grogu, as he left for a new life with his new master, but maybe the upcoming season will split between following Mando on new adventures, and Grogu as well? Maybe there will be a bit of a time jump to allow a bit more maturity/abilities for Grogu, as his training progresses and he's slowly becoming a little Yoda?

A surprise to me, that the character still seems to be on the radar. But Lucasfilm knows they're sitting on a marketing/merchandising money-printing machine, so whatever the original plan(s) might've been (no more Grogu after season 2), they could've scrapped that and said "we're gonna exploit this little cutie to the rafters...write some Grogu-centric episodes, stat!"

Not sure how that ties into The Mandalorian, but...whatever.

Interesting.

The character of Luke Skywalker got such a raw, bum deal in the sequel trilogy...maybe Favreau and Filoni are hell-bent on giving us the post-ROTJ Luke were were all denied? Even if it means some digital fakery/CGI, if it's done well then maybe we'll get a proper, satisfying depiction of Luke before he turned into a Jedi-renouncing hermit and a scraggly, lightsaber-tossing a-hole?

I'd be okay with that because that was probably my biggest problem (among many) with the sequels, what they did to Luke. And Hamill is certainly in that camp, from all he's ever said in interviews. I believe he's well on record for not being a fan of how the character was written/handled in the sequels. I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to provide voice work and any on-set participation to help do justice to the character and set things right?

"Hey J.J. and Rian...kiss my ass!"

I would not have expected/predicted this, but Favreau and Filoni can do whatever they want, it looks like. I think the higher-ups know to stay out of the way and let these two please the fans in a way those three flicks didn't.

Would they go through the trouble of creating a poster like that if those characters - or at least Grogu - weren't slated to factor into the third season?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-07-30 at 17:54.