View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-31, 15:08

In a weird way - and, at this point, I actually wouldn't even mind it - it would be cool if this show, post-Trebek, just collapsed in on itself via stupidity/missteps and whatever else is at play.

Maybe he was the show, more than Sony (or fans/viewers) wanted to admit?

I know my interest/desire to watch has submarined throughout 2021, and especially in recent weeks. If nothing else, I can say I watched from my high school days in the 80's through Trebek's last filmed episodes. A nice, long 35+ year run. No, not every single episode/week. But, all together, a good 60-70%, I'd estimate. Maybe even more like 75-80%? Way more than not, for sure. Whenever I moved to a new place (SoCal, Virginia, Nashville, back to Chattanooga, etc.) or when I've vacationed/traveled anywhere (New Orleans, Kansas City, South Carolina, DC, etc.), the first thing I always did (since it's syndicated and not tied to any one network or time slot) was find out what time/channel Jeopardy! came on, locally. And, more often that not, I'd work my afternoon or evening around those 30 minutes.

The only show I've ever done that with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Well it is Sony, the same clown car that wanted Spidey to humblebrag.
I don't understand this sentence/reference. Which Spider-Man, and in what way? I kinda know what humblebrag means, but don't get which Spider-Man movie(s)/actor it's about.

The thing I always find interesting/amusing in these sorts of scenarios...all these media companies - movie studios, TV shows, etc., in their efforts to appease/placate a vocal sliver of malcontents and offense artisans, always - always - wind up pissing off/alienating far more actual viewers/fans in the end. Sony will never please the pearl-clutchers and handwringers, no matter what (it's impossible). But, because they'll dutifully twist themselves into pretzels for months and months trying to do so (so nobody calls them bad names on Twitter), they'll risk alienating/losing longtime, loyal viewers and fans who don't have the patience for this silliness.

Happens every time.

Dance with the one who brought you.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-08-31 at 15:59.