View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-09-22, 10:12

Ahh, here we go...some actual, legit news.

While not The Mandalorian it's the other show most people are probably looking forward to the most, the one with Ewan McGregor.

I'll fold it into this thread until Obi-Wan merits his own thread.

Quote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi has finished filming, according to star Ewan McGregor.

The actor is set to reprise the role of the iconic Jedi master in the Star Wars Disney+ prequel series, which will take place 10 years after Revenge of the Sith.

The show has now taken a big step forward, with McGregor revealing the news that principal photography has wrapped after picking up an Emmy for Netflix's Halston.

"We finished shooting our series, and it was really, really, good fun–I really enjoyed working with [director] Deborah Chow," he told press (via Variety).

"I think it will not disappoint," McGregor went on to tease. "I think it's gonna be good. I had a really good time making it, and worked with some really wonderful people, lovely people.
Good enough for me.

McGregor, like Hamill, has always been a good ambassador for the brand and, unlike some others I could name, always seemed proud of his involvement in the franchise and happy to be part of something he obviously loves (he wouldn't have returned to the role if it was a miserable, unfulfilling chore; he certainly didn't have to). His enthusiasm/interest counts for something, to me anyway.

I'm sure it still has a boatload of post-production and effects work, but it sounds like they've captured all the "film the humans on sets" stuff, so that's something. First real thing I've heard about the show in all of 2021. That it comes from the lead actor himself is nice, vs. just more baseless speculation from writers throwing darts.

With him being, by far, the best part of the prequels, I'm really looking forward to this more than any of the other stuff (including, yes, the Andor, Boba Fett and Ahsoka shows).

I'm an Obi-Wan Kenobi guy, be it Guinness or McGregor.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-09-22 at 10:28.