View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-10-12, 12:38

I left out something that I always enjoy about this time of year (October, specifically): all the cable channels (well, a lot of them) roll out their "30 Days of Fright" and "Halloween Scare-Fest!" movies for the month.

While not a major, big-time horror movie fan, I do tend to kinda set October aside to partake in the genre a bit more than the other 11 months. I always make it a point to watch The Exorcist on Halloween (been doing so for over 15 years now), and then I'll watch some others that I enjoy. But I also try to see some completely new stuff as well, old or new. I'll always come across some new things I've never seen.

Several nights a week throughout October I'll sit here with a bowl of popcorn and take in 1-2 scary movies on AMC, Sundance, Paramount, Syfy or whatever channel is playing some.

Some are awful and I've bailed 30-45 minutes in on a handful, but I've enjoyed far more than I haven't. And I finally got around, this past weekend, to seeing some of those Stephen King movies I've never seen (Christine, Carrie and Pet Sematary) and I enjoyed them all.

Kinda going through the schedule and picking out which channel/movies I might want to be sure to catch. Something about watching scary movies (with Jasper sitting beside me, totally in his element...a black cat in October ) this time of year makes me very happy.