Thread: Airpods Pro
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-27, 16:03

Was everyone surprised that these new Pro offerings only came in the white? I know that's the standard, iconic color for so many of Apple's accessories (and their wired earbuds since the dawn of man), but I figured maybe there would be a Space Gray and maybe even another color or two (Product [RED], gold, etc.). A lot of their other products with "Pro" in the name come in Space Gray, so I just assumed that would've been an option on these new ones. Those other colors may not look as good in plastic as they do in aluminum or stainless steel, so that could be a reason as well.

Apple's funny...the products that 90% of the population puts into opaque, protective cases, Apple makes in multiple colors. Then on something like the AirPods, which are highly visible, aren't hidden in protective cases (and would kinda make sense to offer in a few different trendy, rotating colors) Apple just sticks with white. But that's also an established, iconic look at this point, so I can understand them just sticking with that...you see white things in people's ears, you just think "Apple". Free advertising all around the world.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-11-27 at 16:57.