View Single Post
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-01-27, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
My wife loves helping out so maybe I'll build a skyway to the Bridgeport flyover from the Stairs of Insanity so she can gather resources and run them while I'm at school and work.

While I'm around I'll help out too. I love the trap idea though I have concern about water flow and spring placement. If the spring is at a step down then there won't be a problem. If it's in the middle of a flow on the same level then it'll back flow the original spring.

If you're stepping down then you won't need another spring because the fall will start a new 7 block count for flow. I gotta run so I can't go into more detail but am looking forward to working with you on this one!
The springs are a step down.

I decided to not go with shorter rise/run of the springs both because it saves me a vertical block, water is infinitely available and, importantly, I tried to make a similar design to what you suggest in my cactus farm and it is a nightmare to manage the flows at the intersections. It ended up being faster and easier to build the way it's proposed here...

Now... there is another way: We could make this only 2 high by using signs to block the flows, but my experience tells me this is less efficient...