View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-05-01, 22:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Um...if it goes underground in k's tree farm...that kinda sorta goes through the middle of the gay bars. Not so okay with that. I like the location, but not if it destroys my work.
How about we elevate the lines in populated areas?

Again, I strongly disagree with underground lines to due to mine interference. I mean, not to be a melvin, but let's weigh the pros and cons:

Pros: Fewer unsightly sky passages. No additional materials required, although it's not like lumber is expensive.
Cons: Will interfere with existing projects. No way to get off mid-ride and transfer to the skyway to continue on foot. No way to gauge your location from your surroundings. No way to predict where problems will arise since we can't see mines before we tunnel into them. The ride will consist of staring at stone. If we forget torches (or uncover caves) mobs will spawn and be trapped down there.

We have had problems with underground travel tunnels before; Rowdy's concerns are completely valid. I think a nice compromise would be mostly underground with elevated lines over "cities," but to be perfectly honest, what makes the most sense is to elevate the entire system. I understand the aesthetic concerns but we already have skyways and IMO practicality > aesthetics.

The tree farm is fine as a central travel hub, but again, I really, really think that at the very least, all train lines over Bridgeport should be elevated rather than buried. In fact it wouldn't even be possible to put the lines under Bridgeport without disrupting multiple established projects.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

Last edited by Kraetos : 2011-05-01 at 22:38.