View Single Post
Dave
Ninja Editor

2004-07-26, 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
Finishing up my PhD in software engineering and language theory, so I'm a bit of a geek. Just a bit.

Lessee, um... in more or less chronological order over 22 years...

Logo, BASIC, Pascal, FORTRAN66, 6508 assembler, Ada, LISP, csh, C, OOP-C, Eiffel, C++, tcsh, APL, Smalltalk, x86 assembler, PPC assembler, FORTRAN77, NewtonScript, Dylan, Objective-C, Python, Ruby, C#

For applications:

Teaching systems, high-speed disk striping system (to VCRs... don't ask), sonar simulations for Navy, Petri Net implementation of web (Marc Andreesen, you screwed it up for the rest of us *so* badly you twit), military flight simulators, FaceTop, and my latest baby, my dissertation: SPQR, which finds instances of design patterns in OO source code, regardless of application domain, OS, language, or compiler.

Wow, I can't seem to hold down a job, eh?
That SPQR thing looks interesting. Unfortunately, your website for it has lots of Big Words, and my Big Word quota has already been met by the class I'm about to take an exam for. (The class is "Programming Languages")

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.