View Single Post
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-08-14, 11:58

quick run down...

truck on fire, blocking huge back-up of cars already pissed to be on tiny road instead of huge interstate...cops come, nothing anybody can do untill huge tow truck comes...so we take car and dog to close by park because dog and myself and wife are way too hot...middle of summer, middle of day, no shade...plus it gets us away from humans honking and cussing...police stay to direct traffic around truck...

when they finally tow us many miles to a truck rental spot it is dusk and we begin to unload truck to dock and then reload to new truck (nice looking, brand new truck)...it is still hot, muggy and bugs flying all over as we are doing this under lights...we move the stuff, close up and hook up the trailer with the car and go find a room for the night...

next day we get up and take off...100 miles, just getting to the state line and almost out of ohio (nothing against ohio personally, just was there much longing than i planned) when the transmission goes out...call truck place and they tow it right back to the same place we where last night...they want to do another transfer...they don't have a transmission there, closest is pittsburgh and will take time to get it there...we are tired, dog is frasseled and we say, no, fix this truck...we take the car off the trailer and go find a hotel with a pool...

they air express the transmission and we get the truck back the next day around 2 pm....put the car back on the trailer (we never thought we were going to need it so much) and take off...

driving the huge truck was ok...just give time and distance...take it easy...

anyway, no more problems till we get to new mexico...we had bought a couple of acres and planned to build a house after moving out...so we had to rent a house for a year...never saw the house, my brother found it and set it up for us...so we are driving to it on these tiny, mountain roads....we get one where it was almost straight fu@king up....came around a bend and was heading up it without warning...i had that truck in 1st gear and going maybe maybe 1/2 a mile an hour...at any moment i was sure the truck would stop and start rolling backwards...if it did i was going off the side of the hill for sure...it never did, but it took a long long long freakin time to get to the top and i was covered in sweat...still had a mile to go after that but i stopped the truck and unhooked the car and did the rest without that extra weight...got the truck to the rental house and walked back for the car...

at that point i found out that when i put the car on the trailer (front wheels up only, they didn't have a trailer that had all four wheels up) i had put the emergency brake on...grrrrrrr...so from ohio to new mexico with the brake on....so my brakes were shot...lucky i lived through it all...

next story is...honey come look at this cute bunny under the porch...uh, dear, bunnies don't have paws like that....city folk are introduced to pack rats, coyotes, tarantulas, centapedes, rattle snakes and neighbors bull that keeps breaking free and coming to your porch at 3 am

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2005-08-14 at 12:01.