Thread: iPad C
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2013-09-16, 09:59

I don't think Apple would do an iPad C in the full-size lineup. However, I can easily imagine a line of colorful plastic iPad minis. That iPhone event last week got me thinking about the iPads. Here's what I think could happen:

iPad
- A slight redesign (we've seen those leaked case pics with the narrower, iPad mini-like bezel)
- A7 and all that it implies
- Prices and capacities probably stay the same, although it would be nice to see a 32/64/128GB lineup at the current $499-699 spots
- Black/slate gives way to black/space grey. Not sure if they'd do the gold/white thing on the iPads. Probably not.
- Fingerprint ID thingie

iPad mini
- I think the design (size, weight, etc.) is "there"...but I do think it'll get a Retina Display...and I don't think the price will go up either
- Not sure on processor, but maybe the A6x from last year's full-size model?
- Black/space grey, white/silver (again, no idea on the gold/white...seems like they'd really complicate their manufacturing)
- This would be the "Cadillac" iPad mini

The wild card:

iPad mini C
- Color, plastic
- Depending on Retina or not (at this point, I think everything they make in the iOS realm should be Retina), $199-299?
- Like the iPhone 5c, it won't have the fingerprint ID, A7, etc. But it could be affordable (under $300)

I don't know.

I think I'm pretty dead-on with the full-size iPad, and I think I'm 75% there on the mini.

A colorful, more affordable iPad c is the mystery. The fact that we've not seen leaks or pics of shells kinda makes me think it isn't going to happen...we would've heard or seen stuff by now, with the way those iPhone leaks were spilling out for months.

So we might just get an solid update to the two existing lines, as outlined above?