View Single Post
almost2mac

2007-07-12, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post

I cannot see myself using email on my iPhone in its current state. No rules, no spam filter, painful steps to delete more than a handful of emails = no go for me.
You know about the slide-delete function where you drag across an email in the list and tap the delete button that appears, right? I have been loath to sync my gmail because I've heard it fills your inbox so I understand what you mean, but seriously...deleting a list of emails is like, <slide>delete, <slide>delete, <slide>delete...and goes pretty fast.

I've been appreciating the form factor a lot. Curved rectangle doesn't seem like much thought went into it, but my hands just naturally find these positions where it's balanced on my fingertips like a crystal ball in Labyrinth. I think the weight of the device makes this possible.

I also like the external speaker. It's nice to have it just sitting on the desk like a transistor radio. I love how the ipod works independently of the sleep function, so you can essentially just leave a podcast go in the background and when it's done (if it's not on a playlist) the thing just goes to bed. When it's in my pocket I can easily find the sleep button without looking, then resume where I paused by clicking the headphones.