View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2020-12-20, 00:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
So.......

I just picked up one in Space Grey from the Apple Store. These are replacing the Bose QC35's that I have. I first put on the Max's before the QC35 as a way to remain neutral in terms of weight/feel. And they are comfortable on my head. It doesn't feel outright heavy. The weight is definitely felt more on the side of the head from the cups than the band. The mesh band is nice and can barely feel it. So it doesn't feel like something is clamping down on my head. I listened to Andrea Bocelli and the sound quality to my untrained non-audiophile ears is fairly good. I then put on the QC35's. I then instantly tell how much lighter the QC35's are compared to the Max. Again remaining "ignorant" to how the Bose were, the Max didn't feel heavy on my head. But you can definitely tell the difference if you immediately put on a lighter pair of headphones.

Again played the same songs on the Bose and sound quality is still good, but I could tell a difference and the Max definitely sound better. Build quality is no competition, Max blows the QC's out of the water.

I am not even going to talk about the case besides yeah it is easy to slide them in and out. Apple certainly should have done better there.

Are they worth the ~$250 over the Bose? For me yes. But my values are different, only you can decide.
What are your values?
Your review basically said they sound the same and are heavier and the case is lazy design on Appleā€™s part.